Our highly trained Technical Support staff is available and on-site around the clock every day of the year. More than 500 IT, security, power, and other engineers support the infrastructure.
State-of-the-art early detection systems are in place above and below the raised flooring in our data centers.
- Gaseous fire suppression systems deploy below the raised flooring.
- A dry-pipe system serves as an ultimate fail-safe measure
- We employ an N+1 redundant design across our electrical and mechanical environments to ensure an uninterruptible power and cooling supply.
- Utility power is delivered from two or more separate supplier substations.
- Multiple cooling towers and air conditioning units provide uniform and redundant cooling distribution.
- Multiple UPS systems and related battery strings provide at least 15 minutes of full-load coverage during any power fluctuations.
- Multiple diesel generators and on-site fuel supplies ensure days of replacement power if utility feeds are lost.
Physical access to Thomson Reuters data centers is tightly controlled through multizoned, multilevel access controls and monitors. Our data centers employ a third-party security firm for 24/7 security monitoring and event analysis.
Thomson Reuters provides you with data storage on our secure servers while you create and revise documents on Firm Central as well as later when you save, reuse, and archive documents.
All interaction with Firm Central occurs inside secure hypertext transfer protocol sessions (https). This is the robust encryption and transport standard used by banks, brokerages, and other businesses for all Internet transactions.
Firm Central™ employs a proven combination of data security measures:
- Data is encrypted on our systems both in transit and for storage with the same strong encryption protocols utilized by banks.
- Data is stored in secure Thomson Reuters data centers located in the United Kingdom.
- Data is backed up every night on our proprietary servers.
- Continual monitoring by intrusion-detection and virus-protection software.
- We tightly restrict employee access to customer-stored data, require appropriate security credentials, and closely monitor access.
- Thomson Reuters global strategic data centers and their product delivery systems are certified against two industry-proven standards: ISO 9001 quality management standards and ISO 27001 information security management.