Westlaw AU Tip - Find equivalent legislation in The Laws of Australia
- Access the advanced search template for The Laws of Australia by selecting it from the left-hand panel.
- In the Legislation Title (Cited) field, type the title of the Act, e.g., Land Titles Act 1925
In the Legislation Provision (Cited) field, add the provision number, e.g., 59
Note: if you have Acts with similar titles (e.g., Corporations Act), you can search for "corporations act" without a date or jurisdiction to find the Acts for all States and Territories.
- On the results page, select a title where other legislation is cited within the Hit Terms in Context.
- The footnotes will show the known equivalents of the Land Titles Act 1925 (ACT), s 59, i.e.,
- Real Property Act 1900 (NSW), s 43
- Land Title Act 2000 (NT), s 188(2)
- Land Title Act 1994 (Qld), ss 178(3), 184(2)(a)
- Real Property Act 1886 (SA), ss 186, 187
- Land Titles Act 1980 (Tas), s 41
- Transfer of Land Act 1958 (Vic), s 43
- Transfer of Land Act 1893 (WA), s 134