Westlaw AU Tip - How to find a section of legislation
Last Published: September 27, 2019
This tip will show you how to quickly find a section or provision of an Act or Regulation.
- Select the 'Legislation and Commentary' search template on the left-hand menu or select the Legislation and Commentary link in the browse menu.
- In 'Legislation (Title)' field add the title of the Act you are searching for e.g. Climate Change Authority Act.
- Westlaw AU will provide you with a list of legislation titles based on your current subscriptions.
- If you select the title from the drop-down list, the legislation title will be inserted into the Legislation (Title) field with quotation marks.
- In the 'Legislation (Provision Number)' field, add the number of the section you are looking for e.g. 8 and click the Search button.
- Your results will display in the Westlaw AU results screen.