Westlaw (Australia) Guide - Create Publication alerts
Last Published: January 16, 2020
You can create three alerts in Westlaw:
- A WestClip Search Alert can be created from a search, allowing you to receive future updates and new content based on the previously-conducted search.
- KeyCite Alerts notify you of any subsequent citing references or changes to the litigation history of the case.
- Create a Publication Alert to receive the latest updates from a publication.
- Select Notifications from the top menu and click Alerts.
- Click Create Alert. Select Publication Alert from the drop-down list.
- Name your alert and click Continue.
- Select from your subscribed publications and click Continue.
- Enter the email address you would like the alert to be emailed to. You can tick the checkbox to include full text of new documents, and change the format, i.e., Word, RTF, PDF, or HTML, and then click Continue.
- Change the frequency of the alert and the time to be emailed. It is recommended to change the time zone to your own area. Save the alert.
- A message will display stating the alert has been saved.
- In the Alerts page, you can edit the alert or tick the checkbox and delete the alert.